As NGOs become ever more influential, businesses are looking for more effective strategies to reduce activist risk. Direct engagement with NGOs is often top of the list, but achieving it can be harder than it sounds. This workshop offers practical help on how to engage with NGOs productively while avoiding the many possible dangers.
What you will learn
● How to make a compelling internal business case for working with NGOs.
● Turning NGO antagonism into opportunities for cooperation.
● Engaging with NGOs even when they are hostile.
● What to look for in an NGO partner.
● Identifying potential NGO partners from the mass of critics.
● The essentials of initiating a successful dialogue with NGOs.
● Eight rules for negotiating with NGOs.
The style of the workshop will be interactive and stimulating where questions and debate can flow freely. Content will be intensely practical and evidenced from real-life examples and case studies. All delegates will receive a book of documentation summarising and explaining the concepts introduced during the day.
Price: GBP695/EUR890+VAT per delegate including lunch, discounted 15% for current SIGWATCH subscribers and 10% for two bookings or more.
We reserve the right to refuse participants at our discretion.